Thursday, September 29, 2011

Promised.

I almost broke it. LOL was thinking I said I would post today and almost didn't, with in my opinion was good reason... LAZINESS has consumed me! LOL

I went to the doctor's today. First I did my GD test. There was a bit of a mix up, but it got done. They took 3 tubes of blood and urine from me. I was told "no news, is good news" and if something pops up, I should be receiving a call as early as tomorrow. During my doctor's appointment, the nurse pointed out that I needed to get the Tetanus/Whooping Cough shot. I can't remember the last Tetanus shot I had, so that's definitely a sign I needed it. Will needs to get one too! They said anyone that's going to be around the baby should get that shot. Let me tell you, I feel like I was punched! LOL. When the doc came in, we heard his heartbeat...It's good! He was moving around. I also measured 29 cm, which is where she said I should be. Good to know. I asked her about getting the Flu Shot and she said Kaiser actually has all pregant women get it. It's to protect mommy and baby. I have been reading up on it and it's actually beneficial because he's coming in December and because I can't afford to get sick. I cannot be treated the right way so I will be miserable! I must say though, people are getting sick everywhere! Especially at Will's job. Lord knows he cannot get sick and I told him if he does, I'm sorry, but you'll definitely be sleeping in the living room. I won't be able to take care of him either =( Doc also recommended registeering for classes and a tour, which I will probably call tomorrow and schedule it. I am so excited that we're getting closer. It seems like I just found out I was pregant and in less than 3 months, I will be holding him <3

Here's my survey...

How far along? 28 weeks, 3 days...moving along quicky =)


Total weight gain/loss: Today was my doctor's appointment and if the scale is right, which I think it isn't, I have gained a total of 8 pounds. The reason I am saying that is because the scale I was on was way different one time I had an appointment the day before at the same place. I had a stye and was treated across the hall. I'm talking a 5 pound difference. But it's ok. I am really trying to not dwell on it. I feel a little fat, but Will keeps reassuring me, like he's supposed to, that I am not big... which realistically, I am not. Many woman have gained far more. It was just a tad hard for me seeing the number on the scale, but my little Jaedyn is growing <3
Maternity clothes? I cannot stress enough how much I love the shorts. Thankfully, I still fit in my shirts. Now, I seriously need to go get some bras. I am starting to really hurt in my bras. The biggest one I have is starting to get too tight and hurt me. I need to go soon. Gonna get some nursing bras early... I hear they're comfortable...
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had [same and hope it stays that way!]

Sleep: I spoke too soon last week. This week, I've been waking up to pee or because my back is hurting. Still not being woken up by Jaedyn, he's very considerate of mommy's sleep...for now
Best moment this week: Seeing him in the ultrasound on Monday. I finally filled my "Now Showing" frame. It's of his face. I have also been feeling his kicks more and more... BUT I can see them more and more.

Movement: Definitely more and more. It was funny. Monday and Tuesday, he was kicking, for what seemed like, ALL day. I was thinking my poor baby is gonna be exhausted! He's calmed a little, but not much... Matter of fact, he's kicking or punching now!

Food cravings: It's so sad because I thought I would have cravings and I am not. I am the same as I was before I was pregnant. I am so indecisive it's ridiculous! I did have the urge for ice cream on Sunday.
Gender: Boy! <3 [After Monday, we know it's not changing]

Labor Signs: Not quite yet. My doc said it was still too early and if any abnormalities showed up, I need to head to labor and delivery... She said they'd do what they could to stop the labor. I'm not too worried... the signs just better show up in December.
Belly Button in or out? In [same]

Wedding rings on or off? No wedding ring, but my Promise Ring still fits. [same...I hope it stays!]

What I miss: Sweet Tea. I mean I can have it in moderation, but the caffeine is not good for the baby. Tea was more so my soda. I am trying so hard to stay away from it. Last week I drank Sierra Mist with a SPLASH of Pepsi/Dr. Pepper in it. Not mixed just different days. I swear that's like my alcohol. I am doing my best to not stress at work and the Mist seems to help =)
What I am looking forward to: Tuesday! We set up another 3D/4D ultrasound. Will and I are both excited as I will be 29 weeks and that's the time they recommend we get it done. We will see our baby in a little more detail. I CANNOT wait.

Weekly Wisdom: It's ok to gain weight!

Milestones: Hitting 28 weeks. Seriously, this is going by FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment