Wednesday, January 6, 2010

30-Day Shred: Day 1

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Night [pretty much whenever you are choosing to read this]! I am a little new to the blog world and FINALLY decided to make one =) I follow some of my friend's blogs and this time I am writing my own, here goes. . .

So, I was inspired by others who have posted blogs, through my research, about doing the 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels, to do one as well. Day 1 was yesterday for me, but first I had a busy, fun day at work. I got a job at a law firm in Century City. It's not what I thought it would be, but I am most definitely loving it! Of course the day I choose to start the "shred," we're all asked to stay a little later to meet a morning deadline. I could really use the hours, so I figured why not? I got to work at 8:30 AM and ended up working until 9:15 PM and only had one 15 minute break! I was impressed with myself, knowing I could do it.

I get home, grab some cans of chili [ha ha because I currently do not have weights, but I am working on it], change my clothes, and pop in the DVD. She introduces herself and what not and then it begins. . . boy was I in for a surprise LoL. The workout's 20 minutes and goes by so quick [it really does!] But let me tell you, I literally kicked my own butt! HA HA HA she calls the move "butt kicks," it just reminded me of running. . . It was honestly a great workout, but I was not prepared for it. When I finished my legs were so wobbly and I was SUPER sweaty. Got in the shower and shook the whole way through it. I just thought if I was sore then I would be paying for it this morning. . .

I woke up later than usual this morning and thought I was sore, but when I got out of bed I wasn't. I mean my legs are hurting a litte [not extreme] and my stomach is the same. Surprisingly I am not tired! I feel energized that's for sure. I am liking this so far. I will document ALL 30 days.

Today I am at work until 7 and then I need to go get a tape measure so I can measure myself. I also took pictures, but you won't see the before and after until the last day [besides I need to figure out how to put the pics up on here]. Until then, back to work for me =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see the final result!! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete